How important it is to promote and teach nutrition to the younger generation
In todays day and age personally I feel that nutrition is neglected, and it shows especially in the United States. A solid portion of are population in the united states is obese, unfortunately a solid amount is the younger generation. Which I don't want to say is good, but it is easier to catch it at a younger age. As physical educators are job is to help promote and teach ideas and strategies for them to life, career, and college ready. Nutrition is going to be one to be taught to get the younger generation thinking about. What is nutrition?, What can nutrition do to better prepare you for the future?, What does it mean to eat a healthy die?, What are the 6 basic food groups? All of these are great questions that students could ask or you could ask yourself. implementing strategies like using my plate, being able to identify what you should look for on a food label or what to tell mom and dad to look for at the store. With these certain ideas it can help better the overall community and the overall wellness of the future generation, not saying that its at an end for the current and pass generations this can help us out as well with bettering are nutrition and wellness.
What's up, Jimmy, I enjoyed reading through your blog! I totally agree that nutrition can be neglected in the United States. I know this has been a problem for years, but I think in 2020, COVID really started taking a toll on people's health, but also their nutrition, ways of living, habits, and income. I feel like when everyone was quarantined, people developed these bad habits, and have stuck with them 5 years later into 2025. As future health and wellness educators, I think we can make a huge impact on the lives of students and their nutrition.
ReplyDeleteHi, James, this is a great post. I agree with everything you said about how we have to do a better job educating our future generation. Nutrition is huge not only on impacting weigh management, gain and loss but also body function and overall wellness. I think that because of all the options that are offered in today's society it can be overwhelming for kids and even parents to know what to get so they turn to what they like, even if its not "healthy". I think that if we can educate the students and the parents, we can make an impact.
ReplyDeleteHey James, I really enjoyed reading your post. I completely agree with you on everything you pointed out. Unfortunately, nutrition is being neglected the way it is, but that is why we need to step up as educators. The nutrition habits of today's children are not only affecting their weight, but also their overall wellness. It is great that we have the resources and all of these classes here at Slippery Rock that will help us learn and teach more about nutrition.
ReplyDeleteHey James, I think you made some excellent points about how important nutrition education is, especially for younger generations. Many people don’t realize how much poor nutrition affects overall health and wellness. I like how you mentioned strategies like using MyPlate and reading food labels because those are practical tools anyone can use. Teaching students about nutrition early can help them make better choices as they grow. Your post is a great reminder that promoting healthy habits benefits both kids and adults alike.
ReplyDeleteHi James, I completely agree with what you’re saying, nutrition really does get overlooked today. Especially with how busy and convenience driven life has become. You made a great point about starting education young because those habits stick for life. Teaching kids how to read food labels, understand MyPlate, and make small healthy choices can make a big difference later on.
ReplyDelete