How physical activity is therapy to me

 Id like to think of it as therapy

James Clark

7:52pm


     To me physical activity has been a source of therapy for me. I have struggled in the past with anxiety and stress, but recently within the past two years I would say I have found a source of therapy through being physically active. Whether its going to the gym in the morning usually sometimes I venture there at night or going on a run which has started recently within the past 4-6 months. To me it gives a sense of happiness which is a great feeling. Also it makes one feel more accomplished at the end of the day when you think to yourself oh yeah I worked out today and went on a run. Its a time where I am able to step away from stuff that is causing to much stress or anxiety to clear my head. Which helps when going back to the homework assignment, studying, or exam with a clear thought process and to affectively finish the assignment I am working on. 

Comments

  1. Hi Jimmy, I really enjoyed this blog post! I also use physical activity as a form of therapy so it was great to read on how you do too! I am glad you found a positive way to deal with your stress and anxiety by getting active. I also agree physical activity can make you feel better because of the feeling on accomplishment you get when you complete it. This was a great post Jimmy, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jimmy! I love how you described physical activity as therapy. I never thought of it like that, but my form of this is going for walks. Whenever I'm stressed out or feeling any unwanted emotions, I go for walks to clear my mind. It is so peaceful to be outside and being alone with my thoughts, which is the way I feel better about things going wrong in my life. I feel accomplished because of the physical activity aspect of it but also relieved because of the peace it brings me. Thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jimmy, I really enjoyed reading your blogger post. I can really resonate with your view on physical activity being a from of therapy. It's really amazing how sometimes a quick lift or workout can have such a positive impact on your mental health. I agree on how you talked about getting a sense of accomplishment that comes from completing a lift or a workout. I also use lifting to clear my mind before doing some homework. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jimmy, I really liked reading ur post! I really agree with your view ans feel the same way. I feel as though its a great way to deal with my stress and anxiety. I also feel a sense of accomplished at the end of the day after doing a good workout. Thanks for the great advice and topic!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drowning safety and how to prevent

How important it is to promote and teach nutrition to the younger generation